[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4534: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4535: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4536: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Port Luskan • View topic - Return to Solice

A forum for the Port Luskan role play

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Return to Solice
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:10 am 

Here i stand the paved paths familiar, as i look in the distance i see a Palace made of fine marble, i see to my left a coliseum, with one large entrance, i see sand on the floor from this massive arena, i turn around and see Port Luskan in the distance with two sturdy wooden walkways bending round the bay linking Solice to Port Luskan, yes indeed i am back in the Solice. I quote a very old Saying " You always go back to where you were happiest" and i have to say Solice is where i was happiest. In the distance i here familiar voices as i listen i reconise the voices of Tay My wife, my three children KW jnr, Kristyne and Tyr. as i listen longer i here the soft voice of Elirien first High Priestess of Solice, also i hear the voice of the first Captain of the Guard of Solice Huw.

My Mind takes me back to the foundation of Solice, we arrived at Port Luskan not knowing the lay of the land, with but a wing and a prayer, from these early beginings the Hamlet of Solice was built with the only material that was about in copius amounts wood, Wood that was salvaged from the numerous amount of wrecked ships and the dead wood of what was to become Drathir, as we set about exploring this new land we found other materials that could be used to build, I remember the first building that was completed in Solice, we called it the town hall, a two storey building the first floor was used to conduct business and doubled as a community building, the second floor we used as living quatres, the next building to go up was the barracks shortly followed by some more living quatres that could be used by anyone that wanted to make Solice there home,as we grew so did Solice the next structure to go up was the ramparts and the Captain of the Solice guard Office and sleeping quatres.

From those humble beginings Solice was born,One day it seemed another Island appeared, i think it was claimed from the sea. after discussions with the other citizens, it was decided that because of the growth of people coming to Solice we needed to expand, work was started on the New town of Solice and so Solice Town was built. i often think back to those days the people they were Solice to name but a few Theldrkis, My Good friend Valender Solices first Arch Mage what was even more surprising was he was a goblin but he showed apptitude yes the humble beginings. I now call out to all ex Solice citizens come home Solice has Returned

The Spirit will survive, The Soul will be revivied, and true Balance will exist one day.

Last edited by KW Jie on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Return to Solice
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:22 pm 

<chuckles to himself and walks to the northern window>
It seems someone with good memories and a powerful aura has arrived, my my Kw, I should have guessed you would be one not to be content with what already is. <celelond says to himself as he gathers his power around himself, in a blink, he is gone>

<At the same moment Celelond steps from his portal and grins as he greets his friend> Well it took you long enough, old friend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 am 

"looks up" Lord Celelond well it is good to see you again old friend, many times i have wondered where you are, So i have returned to Solice this place is where you tried to show me enlightenment and leadership, those days i was young and bull headed and stubborn! I did not always understand you and i was truely scared as to what Solice would become, I also remember that Solice was the place i made my gravest mistake, i listened to rumour and gossip and acted on inpulse, My heart still lays heavy with that fatal mistake believing that you were ready to attack Solice, i believe i have done the best i can to redeem my wrong doing, the shame will never leave me and i know that today i am a more rounded and sencible person.

Those were harsh days my friend we have both been threw a lot since then, i remember your entrapment in the tree you were gone for quite a while, i remember Velendars transformation and his confusion he lost his way. i remember the house wars when you left several houses waring for control of the underdark and i remember the demise of several powerful houses, yes indeed those were dark days, but I always had hope. The hope that one day Solice would be restored and you would return, you spoke to me of balance on several ocassions and i just did not understand but over time it has made sence.

I believe we have come through our darkest days, and the time now is to rebuild and start afresh, i heard you calling, i now answer your call, Port Luskan and Solice will be restored i truely believe that. I only hope that the people from the other realms hear your call and answer it, Lets hope everyone comes home.

The Spirit will survive, The Soul will be revivied, and true Balance will exist one day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 pm 

<Makes an obvious glance down at Kw's Belly> Yes, well rounded.
<Grins at Kw> Time has passed, we all learnt more, I just hope we all pay heed to those leasons.

So, Solice, it is good to see her back in our time, do you believe your wife and children will follow you here?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm 

<smiles at his old friends remarks> Yes it is good to be back in this place and this time, as for Tay and the children i am sure they will be here soon, it was also tays most happiest place the feelings i have are good ones and i am sure Solice Residents will return, along with there return i am sure residents from Port luskan will arrive, it is after all a fresh start where we can right wrongs and move forward, There were off course citizens of all the realms that never saw the town of Solice or the stone circle,but we can tell them the history we can tell them the stories, Yes i feel soon they will arrive.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:27 am 

Sometime Later....<Strolls to the pier on Serenity Island and looks out to the horizon> Tay it is time to come home he says sending his words on the wind, the time is right for you and the children to come home Celelond is here as is Lacy we are waiting for you and the children do not be afraid it is alright. It is safe. i Miss you and the children hurry home with gods speed i love you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:07 am 

<wakes from his Slumber> wha... what where am i ,<Rubs his eyes getting use to the light available>
This place seems familiar glances to the ground ahh a trail of fine sand, <hand on the hilt of his fine sword> follows the sand trail, as he looks up he sees the majestic gates that seem familiar to him, < scratches his head> could it be...... Could i be back in Sol... Solice. <cups his hands either side of his face and Shouts Posidon!!!!, <listens for a minute> in the distance i hear the familiar sound of Hooves pounding on the ground, i count the beats 8 in all. I approach the gates and lift the heavy latches holding the doors closed, as i lift the latch i push forward on the gate opening it up, The heavy pounding of hooves become louder and closer as i look up i see two familiar sights yes yes its Posidon and Andromeda my faithfull chariot horses.

As they get closer they drop from a gallop to a trot then to a walk, Hello Boy hello girl long time no see you both look fine and well fed.as they stop they neigh and push there heads towards my face in greeting, Steady there your knock me over, i reach up and pat both of them good to see you both to.
I wonder if there is anyone else here...................

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:32 am 

wanders about Solice and spots Trojen, Oh Wow Cooliebeans hey Mister Trojen do yer remember me, i looked after your big cats do you remember do you, Well do yer want me and Stormy to look after them again, cuz we can yer know and we look after them real good, and it is good to see you again sir it been a long time, i bet your still doing your Warrior stuff and kicking the baddies hiney's, well i not seen any badies here yet. I hope more of my friends come home soon, hopefully the massive will return soon so we will look after you,well i got jobs to do you take care Mister Trojen and i will see you in the morning when i check your cats are ok